The Minnesota Vikings saw a devastating end to their season on Blair Walsh’s missed field goal in the playoffs. As eyes turn to training camp, the Vikings look to rebound and build off a successful year, as it represented their first playoff appearance since 2012. Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield are joined by Arif Hasan of Cold Omaha on the June 15 Quick Kicks Podcast, as Arif helps explain the key issues facing Minnesota this offseason, and how the team has looked to move past the disappointment of a tough playoff loss. Topics this episode include:
- Recapping the Vikings’ playoff defeat and the experience Vikings fans shared as they looked to put it behind them and transition to a new year (0:58)
- First-round pick LaQuan Treadwell, arguably the top wide receiver in this year’s draft, and how he can provide a valuable weapon for an offense that was inconsistent over the course of the 2015 season (5:28)
- Willie Beavers, fourth-round pick out of Western Michigan, and where he fits on this team this season, and whether Arif thinks he can turn into a valuable contributor down the road (8:09)
- Moritz Boeringher and his developmental path and timetable for becoming a contributor at the NFL level, and where he may finally find his niche as a player (11:02)
- Safety Harrison Smith and the traits that allow him to excel in certain areas of the game, as well as any weaknesses he has that he needs to continue improving on (14:41)
- Key battles to watch throughout training camp, and the positions that are still open competitions heading into the summer (18:10)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.