The Indianapolis Colts suffered through a disappointing 2015 campaign, marred by injuries and and inconsistent offense that seldom lived up to expectations. The June 7 Quick Kicks Podcast looks at the upcoming season for the Colts, with hosts Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield joined by new ITP writer Matt Danely as they look to figure out what went wrong and whether or not the issues have been addressed heading into the fall. Topics this show include:
- The issues Indianapolis has seen in trying to limit the production of opposing tight ends over the past several seasons, and how they looked to address this problem through the draft and free agency (1:11)
- The use of three draft picks on offensive linemen as the Colts look to build a better unit in front of Andrew Luck to allow the young signal-caller to utilize his talent (5:44)
- The two late-round defensive players selected and whether they have the ability to step in this year as role players and carve out a niche for playing time (8:50)
- Eastern Washington’s Jordan West and the traits he brings to the table that could make him a popular name for 2017 NFL Draft discussion (10:47)
- FBS quarterbacks outside of the top 3-5 names who have the potential to rise on draft boards over the course of the season (14:28)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.
Filligar, “Guilty Good Intentions“
Ronald Jenkees, “Disorganized Fun“