The ITP Fantasy Express rolls on through Wednesday as we continue to dig into the intricacies of fantasy football to get you ready for the upcoming season. Doug Moore joins hosts Mark Schofield and Chuck Zodda on the May 25 Quick Kicks Podcast as we dig into several concepts regarding re-draft leagues. Doug helps to explain several trends that have appeared in recent years and separate out the useful ideas from those that are best left undrafted. Topics this show include:
- Doug’s first article for Inside the Pylon, discussing the reasons for taking a wide receiver in the first round in re-draft leagues (1:30)
- Whether the transition away from the classic feature back by many NFL teams gives running backs that still get 20-25 carries per game additional value in fantasy (4:19)
- Which running backs are still worthy of a first-round pick given the shift away from the running game over the last decade (6:05)
- The tight end position and whether any TEs aside from Rob Gronkowski are worthy of an early-round pick in this year’s drafts (9:00)
- The New England Patriots and drafting skill position players from an offense that does not have a dedicated top option from week to week (10:41)
- The rookie class of skill position players and whether anyone stands out as deserving and early-round selection (16:17)
- Rookie quarterbacks and their projections in 2016 for single-season leagues (21:21)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.