The first-ever Fantasy Week is here, with an entire week of shows devoted to fantasy football. Dynasty drafts are already in full-swing, and it is never too early to start planning for your single-season league as well, mostly because otherwise you are doomed to mediocrity. The May 23 Quick Kicks Podcast features host Chuck Zodda with Joe Redemann from NumberFire discussing individual defensive player (IDP) leagues and some of the processes he uses to improve his performance in this format. Topics this show include:
- Joe’s history in fantasy football and how his development as a player in the last five years helped formulate the processes behind his research (1:54)
- Key mistakes for players to avoid in the IDP format and the worst mistakes Joe made starting out (4:19)
- How Joe’s early failures led to an improvement in his research and analysis as he looked to avoid making similar mistakes in the future (6:36)
- The reasons behind Joe including detailed play-by-play notes on all of the players covered in his 2016 IDP Draft Guide (10:16)
- Joe’s most recent projects, including his analysis of defensive backs and thoughts on where that position is going in IDP leagues in the future (15:01)
- Changes and tweaks to league that can help make the game a closer simulation of a player’s importance in reality (16:48)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.