The state of Tennessee has seen a tough run for both of its major teams, the Tennessee Titans and Tennessee Volunteers. We dig into the turnaround stories with both squads, as the May 20 Quick Kicks Podcast features hosts Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield joined by Sharona of SportsBySharona.com. Sharona headed up the Titans in our Mock War Room project, and brings a wealth of knowledge to the table on both teams discussed here. Topics this show include:
- The Titans first-round pick, Jack Conklin, and how he projects to fit during his first season in Tennessee and how providing another building block for Marcus Mariota will help his development this season (1:33)
- The pieces the Titans have given themselves for next years draft with additional picks in the first and third rounds, and how this will allow them to add additional young talent (6:12)
- Sharona’s favorite picks from the third day of the draft and who has the potential to contribute early on (8:01)
- The selection of Derrick Henry and whether or not he was a good use of a second-round pick in a position that has been devalued by the league in recent years (9:00)
- The development of Mariota and what is expected from him in his sophomore campaign (11:52)
- The Tennessee Volunteers and their 2016 outlook after several years below the level to which fans have been accustomed (13:12)
- The Volunteers path through the SEC in 2016 and the likelihood of the team making it to the SEC title game (15:06)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.