May is the January of draft season, with the analysis on the 2016 NFL Draft still in full swing, though eyes have started to turn to the opening of camps in July for 2017 prospects as well. The May 19 Quick Kicks Podcast features hosts Mark Schofield and Chuck Zodda alongside Joe Marino of Draft Breakdown and NDT Scouting as they get a look at both drafts in this episode. Topics this show include:
- Joe’s biggest stories from the 2016 draft, including the large number of quarterbacks drafted this year, and the continued trend towards the drafting of more defensive backs with different skills than several years ago (1:51)
- The injury to Shaq Lawson and how it impacts the Buffalo Bills heading into training camp and the 2016 season (3:56)
- Sammy Watkins and whether he can bounce back from his latest injury, as well as if he will be able to shed the injury-prone label he has picked up over his first several years in the NFL (5:12)
- Joe’s favorite pick on Day 2 of the NFL Draft, and his analysis on which of these mid-round picks have the chance to make the greatest impact in the upcoming season (8:40)
- Whether Dan Carpenter represents the future at kicker for the Bills after struggling on extra points during the 2015 season (10:21)
- The 2016 Pre-Season Senior Outlook from NDT Scouting, focusing on 80+ seniors who have a chance to be drafted next spring (14:05)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.
Filligar, “Guilty Good Intentions“
Ronald Jenkees, “Disorganized Fun“