The Dallas Cowboys had a tough 2016 season after injuries to QB Tony Romo and WR Dez Bryant. Mark Schofield and Chuck Zodda take a look at the Cowboys in the May 12 Quick Kicks Podcast, with guest R.J. Ochoa from Inside the Star and the RJ Ochoa Show. Dallas is looking to bounce back in a wide-open NFC East, and with several draft picks looking to make an early impact, the Cowboys may have a chance to do some damage in 2016. Topics this episode include:
- The importance of RB Ezekiel Elliott joining the team this year and what it does to expectations for the offense, as well as his ability to help reduce the load on Tony Romo and the passing game (1:54)
- The star power of Elliott and the fit in Dallas as far as being able to market his talents on the widest possible stage (4:07)
- Second round selection Jaylon Smith and how his selection shows a balance between immediate needs with Elliott and planning for the future with Smith (5:48)
- The depth chart at quarterback this year and whether or not RJ is comfortable with the strategy the Cowboys have taken, using Kellen Moore and Dak Prescott as Romo’s backup despite the issues with the position last year (8:18)
- Defensive end Charles Tapper, taken in this year’s draft, and what the Cowboys can expect from him this year as they look to bolster a pass rush that is missing a number of players projected to be contributors this year (10:18)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.