The NFL Draft is over. The NFL Draft has just begun. After taking last week to examine the results from the 2016 draft, Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield dig into Mark’s initial thoughts on the 2017 quarterbacks on the May 9 Quick Kicks Podcast. While there is obviously a full season still to play, there is ample tape on a number of quarterbacks, and Mark has put together a list of 30 players he will be watching over the course of the season. Topics this episode include:
- Mark’s thoughts on who heads up his 2017 class at this early point in the evaluation process (1:19)
- Players standing out for their accuracy in this year’s class and the things they need to work on to continue to hone their craft (3:46)
- Quarterbacks with the strongest arms in the 2017 class and how their system fits help them utilize this skill (6:47)
- How this year’s class is structured in terms of drop-back passers versus athletic, out-of-structure quarterbacks that have continued to grow in numbers in recent years (8:34)
- How 2017 stacks up compared to 2016 in terms of top-end talent as well as depth of potential draft picks (12:25)
- Underclassmen who are not eligible for the 2017 draft but still have shown quality traits during early film study for future classes (14:03)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.