There were 15 quarterbacks taken during the 2016 NFL Draft, and the May 4 Quick Kicks Podcast is ready to take you through the players as we recap this year’s class. Mark Schofield and Chuck Zodda dig into the picks to examine which selections represented great value for teams and which leave some questions to still be answered. Topics this show include:
- The top two picks of the draft in Jared Goff and Carson Wentz and the situations these two young signal-callers find themselves in heading into minicamp (1:44)
- The situation in Philadelphia and how the Eagles can manage the quarterbacks currently on the roster and what it means for Wentz and his timetable (3:42)
- The Denver Broncos trading up to grab Paxton Lynch with the 26th pick and his developmental track to being a starter in the NFL (5:38)
- The surprise second-round selection of Christian Hackenberg by the New York Jets and where he fits into the team’s long-term plans (8:12)
- The fall of Connor Cook to the Oakland Raiders with the 100th pick and whether the fall was warranted (10:40)
- Which Day 3 quarterbacks landed in the best situations for them to develop over the course of their rookie contracts (13:32)
- The New England Patriots and the selection of Jacoby Brissett and what it says about the long-term future at the position for the team (15:44)
- Our Twitter Question of the Day, “Will Lynch be the MVP of the league in Denver one day?” (19:13)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.