The NFL Draft is finally in the books and we are now full speed ahead for the 2016 season. Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield are joined by ITP draft expert Shane Alexander for the May 3 Quick Kicks Podcast as they look to make sense of how the landscape changed over the 253 picks of this year’s draft. Topics on this week’s show include:
- Shane’s biggest surprises in the first round of the NFL Draft and which teams saw the biggest benefit due to unforeseen events on Day 1 (1:36)
- The Cleveland Browns and the trades they executed leading up to and during the draft, and whether or not they were able to capitalize on the number of picks they accumulated due to their actions (3:55)
- Day 2 picks that have the greatest upside, as well as picks during these rounds that were baffling due to their apparent talent or scheme-fit issues (5:29)
- Washington’s draft and how they helped themselves to improve coming off a surprising 2015 campaign (8:07)
- The New York Jets confusing decisions on the quarterback and punter positions, and whether or not the picks they made were the best use of resources (10:14)
- ITP favorite Dan Vitale and his selection by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and where he fits during the early part of his NFL career (14:31)
- The two undrafted quarterbacks signed by the Seattle Seahawks and what it means for their NFL careers (16:50)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.