The NCAA basketball tournament is in full swing and we are just three short weeks away from “One Shining Moment” playing as a champion is awarded. We are also six weeks removed from the end of the NFL season. As such, Mark Schofield and Chuck Zodda sit down for the March 18 Quick Kicks Podcast to discuss some of the brightest moments from the 2015 NFL season. Topics this show include:
- Khalil Mack’s 5-sack game against the Denver Broncos, cementing his status as an elite pass rusher in the NFL en route to being named First Team All-Pro in 2015 (2:14)
- The opening week debut of Marcus Mariota and the hope he gave the Tennessee Titans and their fanbase at the outset of the 2015 season (4:05)
- Jarvis Landry’s 50-yard touchdown against the Houston Texans that showcased his open field ability as he grew during his sophomore campaign for the Miami Dolphins (5:14)
- Dion Lewis’ spin move facing the Dolphins on Thursday Night Football and his importance to the New England offense prior to his season-ending injury (8:24)
- The Indianapolis Colts and their fake punt versus the Patriots that set new records for ineptitude in trickery (10:33)
- Cam Newton’s fumble in the Super Bowl and his subsequent lack of effort in recovering the football, compared to his performance against the New York Giants at the end of the game in a critical situation (14:09)
- Peyton Manning’s post-Super Bowl Budweiser plug and exactly how much Budweiser he drank after the game (17:35)
- The introduction of the Inside The Pylon Mock War Room Draft, starting on Monday, in which 32 NFL Draft experts assemble their front offices and have 15 minutes to make their selection, with a new pick unveiled every weekday leading up to the NFL Draft (19:48)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.