Having cleared Hump Day, we now turn our eyes to the weekend as we head into the Thursday edition of our podcast. Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield are joined by Alex Kozora of Steelers Depot as they examine the positives and negatives for the 2015 Pittsburgh Steelers team, and discuss potential plans for the offseason of one of the NFL’s most storied franchises. Topics this show include:
- Recapping the 2015 season from the Steelers and areas where they were able to exceed expectations, as well as the places where there were continued struggles and needs to address heading into 2016 (1:39)
- Looking at some of the potential safeties that Pittsburgh could look to invest in during the draft as they look to shore up a potential lack of depth heading into next season (4:39)
- The retirement of Heath Miller and whether Pittsburgh will attempt to address this hole in-house, through free agency, or through the draft (7:39)
- Where Pittsburgh needs to bolster their defensive line, and whether they are looking for a year-one starter of simply attempting to add depth to supplement their current starters (9:37)
- Any potential areas on special teams that could be addressed through the draft or free agency, and whether core special-teamers are likely to be a target in the offseason (12:29)
- Whether or not an additional cornerback is needed, as well as how the Steelers draft philosophy has treated the cornerback position historically (14:15)
- Our Twitter Question of the Day, “How fast does Mark run the forty?” (17:15)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.