Inside the Pylon is proud to celebrate our 50th podcast episode as we introduce you to our sister site covering baseball, Sons of Sam Horn. The February 23 Quick Kicks Podcast features Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield hosting Justin Gorman of SoSH discussing the site’s plans for the upcoming baseball season. Topics this show include:
- Key content areas that are going to be a focus over the next few weeks as spring training picks up (2:58)
- Whether the baseball community sees quite the same type of fever for prospects as football does, including recent trends that have led to increased interest in prospects in recent years (4:11)
- Key storylines the staff is focusing on early on in spring training and other big topics that are likely to come up over the course of the season (6:48)
- The crowded Red Sox outfield and whether the level of play seen over the second half of the season reflects the true talent of that group, and whether it will be able to realize the potential seen throughout the unit (9:13)
- The groundbreaking, innovative graphics work put together by Sons of Sam Horn and how it is able to provide both a basic level of understanding of key baseball terms as well as in-depth breakdown of key game sequences (10:49)
- Our Twitter Question of the Day, “How fast can Mark run the 40-yard dash?” (15:12)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.