The 23rd installment of our flagship 40-minute podcast is here, with host Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield continuing our offseason analysis. ITP The Podcast Volume 1.23 features our two regular hosts, along with Jon Ledyard of The Draft Wire at USAToday as they take you through this week’s big events that are shaping the NFL Draft. Topics this show include:
- The ITP Glossary term “Hitch Step” as a timing mechanism and means for a quarterback to begin his throw after taking his drop (2:07)
- Jon’s current projects and where he stands in his draft preparation as he looks to build out scouting reports with just nine weeks until the NFL Draft (7:14)
- Players Jon is interested in seeing at the NFL Combine in two weeks and the events in which he is most focused on (8:17)
- Jon’s rankings along the defensive line, which is widely acknowledge to be one of the strongest areas of this year’s draft (11:44)
- Where teams can find help at offensive tackle once the top two OT prospects are off the board and whether there is any depth to this year’s class (14:26)
- The “TeamBuilder Mock Draft” and how you can follow Jon’s progress on Twitter (19:19)
- Chuck and Mark’s picks for the NFL player most likely to be mentioned in a Grammy-winning song next (25:40)
- A bonus ITP Glossary term, discussing “Directional Punting” and its use in the modern NFL game (29:48)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.