The Denver Broncos are world champions, defeating the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl 50. Mark Schofield and Chuck Zodda have recovered from their post-Super Bowl hangover and are here to give you the ins and outs of how the Broncos took down the favored Panthers on the February 9 Quick Kicks Podcast. Topics this show include:
- The struggles of Cam Newton and how the relentless, well-executed Denver pass rush was able to disrupt his rhythm even when not sacking the talented quarterback (2:02)
- Newton’s inability to minimize mistakes in the passing game and how the turnovers this game turned out to be one of the key points deciding the eventual outcome (3:49)
- Special teams miscues from the Panthers in both the punt game and on field goals and how these critical errors became massive in a closely-contested game (6:46)
- Newton’s performance and how he has become a mirror for modern sports fans to see whatever they choose to see, when in reality, the picture is much more complex than simply being good or bad (10:55)
- Peyton Manning and the redemption of finally not having to carry a team to a title after seeing so many teams fail due to defensive shortcomings that had nothing to do with his performance (17:03)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.