The second part of our Super Bowl preview continues with a look at the Carolina Panthers offense and the Denver Broncos defense on the February 4 Quick Kicks Podcast. Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield are joined by fellow writer Ted Nguyen, who has produced a series of articles previewing the big game. Topics from this show include:
- Carolina’s run-pass option and how they utilize it in unique ways that could pose a challenge to a normally-stout Denver defense (1:59)
- Whether the Broncos will need to drop extra defenders into coverage in order to deal with the Carolina passing game or if they can continue to stack seven men in the box throughout the game (4:56)
- Ted’s ideal gameplay for Carolina and how he would utilize the weapons available on the Panthers offense (7:11)
- The use of play-action by Carolina and the types of route combinations they use off this action (9:33)
- The types of things the Panthers need to show early in the game in order to demonstrate they can move the ball consistently against Denver (11:55)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.