Every Wednesday, Mark Schofield and Chuck Zodda strap it up for an extended 45-minute podcast to discuss some of the key stories happening in the NFL and college football. This week they are joined by Jeff Risdon of RealGM.com and DraftBreakdown.com on ITP The Podcast Volume 1.21 to help make sense of the week leading up to the Super Bowl. Topics this show include:
- Cardale Jones and the dangers of boxscore scouting, as something that appears as simple as an interception can actually be due to a number of factors, and a quarterback throwing a pick may have actually done a number of things right on the play that don’t show up on paper (2:04)
- Whether Carolina Panthers punter Brad Nortman can overcome some late season inconsistency and unleash the big leg he is known for, or whether his sporadic struggles could be an issue in the field position game during the Super Bowl (8:15)
- Jeff discussing a number of the big prospects who made waves in Mobile, Alabama during the Senior Bowl, including Carson Wentz, Austin Johnson, Vernon Butler, Dan Vitale, Jihad Ward, and a several others that caught Jeff’s eye (14:24)
- The ITP Glossary term “silent count” and how it relates to the recent issues the New England Patriots faced on the offensive line in their AFC Championship Game loss to the Denver Broncos (26:54)
- Stories from previous Super Bowls with Chuck and Mark, including Chuck trekking through the streets of New York City in a Randy Moss jersey and Mark nearly ordering the wrong team’s swag for the big game (31:25)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.