With just five days until Super Bowl 50, Mark Schofield and Chuck Zodda break down the Denver Broncos offense in the February 2 Quick Kicks Podcast. While this unit has had its ups and downs this year, there are still several opportunities for them to find space against a tough Carolina Panthers defense. Topics include:
- Peyton Manning and expectations in the Super Bowl after an extra week of rest, and whether or not the lack of velocity on his throws will be an issue against the speed of the Panthers (1:47)
- How Carolina will match up with the Denver receivers and tight ends in the passing game and why the Broncos will be unlikely to find a lot of space against various defensive personnel (5:29)
- The Denver running game and how they can find room against a Carolina front that has been stout against the run, including looking at previous similar zone blocking schemes that the Panthers have faced in 2015 (10:04)
- Pre-snap motion in the Broncos offense and the use of rub routes to try to find open space (13:23)
- Mark’s X-factor for the Denver offense in the Super Bowl (16:34)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.