It’s Super Bowl week, and while the big game is just six days away now, Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield take one last look at the Senior Bowl on the February 1 Quick Kicks Podcast. With nearly eighty players competing this year, it offered a tremendous glimpse into some of the best players in the country looking to move up draft boards, and Chuck and Mark were down in Mobile to document everything. Topics from this show include:
- Kevin Byard and how he was able to improve his draft stock over the course of the week (2:37)
- The lack of any true impact tight ends in Mobile and how the college game has evolved away from the position in recent years (3:47)
- How Ed Eagan of Northwestern State showed the ability to compete at the NFL level despite his small stature, as well as why any Julian Edelman comparisons are for too early at this point (7:12)
- Eric Striker and whether or not he will be able to overcome his lack of prototypical size to find a niche in the NFL (10:46)
- The impressive directional punting game of Wake Forest punter Alex Kinal and how this fits into what many teams do on their punt units in today’s game (14:19)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.