The AFC Championship Game is over and the Denver Broncos are heading on to the 2016 Super Bowl. Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield bring in fellow ITP author Dave Archibald to break down the key plays from the NFL semifinal in the January 25 Quick Kicks Podcast. In this edition, we are looking at the reasons for the Broncos’ victory over the New England Patriots. Topics include:
- How this game played out as defensive battle, with neither offense able to establish a rhythm thought the game. (1:12)
- Whether the Denver success was due more to a schematic victory by defensive coordinator Wade Phillips or individual successes by Broncos players. (3:25)
- The shift by Denver from a man-to-man scheme to a predominantly zone scheme and how it disrupted the New England offense in the first half. (6:51)
- The lack of a running game from the Patriots and the ability of the Denver defensive ends to get upfield without having to worry about containing the run. (9:09)
- The missed extra point from Stephen Gostkowski and how it affected strategy and the eventual outcome of the game in the second half. (10:29)
- What Denver has to do in order to be successful in the Super Bowl and how they can get their offense on track to generate consistent yardage. (15:40)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.