The January 22 Quick Kicks Podcast wraps up the week as Mark Schofield and Chuck Zodda dig into the matchup between the Denver Broncos and New England Patriots. They are joined on this episode by Daniel Syed of Syed Schemes and Inside the Pylon, who offers his views on the key concepts that will shape this game. Subjects include:
- How the Chris Harris injury for Denver will affect how the Broncos look to shut down the quick New England receivers (1:15)
- Whether or not Julian Edelman’s timing will be closer to normal after an additional week of practice with the Patriots (3:23)
- The Denver usage of trap coverage, and how it has broken down for them in recent weeks and allowed several big plays for opposing offenses (6:40)
- How the Broncos rely on their ground game to move their offense at this point, and how New England can adjust their scheme to counter the Denver zone blocking scheme (9:20)
- How special teams will play a role in this game, including which team has the edge if this turns into a defensive struggle with a high number of punts (12:31)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.