With the NFL Draft now only four months away, teams are starting to take stock of prospects as the post-season evaluation process begins. While four teams are still battling it out for the Super Bowl, scouts eyes are focused on Tampa this week for the Shrine Game. The January 21 Quick Kicks Podcast features hosts Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield with Jeff Risdon of RealGM, DraftBreakdown, and SideLionReport coming to you live from the site of the Shrine Game for a first-hand look at the big events of the week. Topics include:
- The increased presence of NFL scout at the Shrine Game and the reasons for that in recent years (1:10)
- Key prospects who have helped or hurt themselves on the offensive and defensive lines (2:25)
- FCS players who may be getting extra attention during the week and could find themselves getting selected with a late-round pick or as undrafted free-agents (5:23)
- Players who may be able to carve out a role as core special teams players during their first few years in the NFL as they build out their skillset (6:43)
- Punters and kickers who stood out during the special teams segments of practice (10:54)
- Who stood out amongst wide receivers, as well as who hurt their chances over the course of the week (12:06)
- Quarterback prospects at the Shrine Bowl, and who amongst the group stood out as being head and shoulders above the rest of the group (14:41)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.