Four teams remain as the NFL season heads into its penultimate weekend where two winners will head to the Super Bowl. ITP The Podcast Volume 1.19 is here to give you the rundown of what to expect this weekend, and also to begin discussing everyone’s favorite topic for the offseason – the NFL Draft. Hosts Mark Schofield and Chuck Zodda are joined by Dan Hatman from The Scouting Academy and Brandon Thorn from The Football Educator as they give their thoughts on some key events from around the NFL. Topics include:
- Key prospects to watch at next week’s Senior Bowl practices as draft season heats up, with Mark and Chuck listing some of their top targets (1:48)
- Dan breaking down the latest round of coaching and front office hires from around the league, touching on new head coaches in Tennessee and San Francisco, as well as the unique front office structure recently created in Cleveland (12:28)
- Brandon discussing the struggles of the Denver Broncos offense against the Pittsburgh Steelers, how the New England Patriots can attack the feared Denver defense, and whether the previous matchup between these two teams is any guide for how this weekend’s game will play out (23:24)
- The Harry Stamper All-Go Offensive Play of the Week, featuring the key connection between Tom Brady and Julian Edelman in the Patriots win over the Kansas City Chiefs (31:57)
- The ITP Glossary term “Kickoff Safeties“, discussing typical personnel, the varied kickoff strategies from team to team and how that affects positioning, and the key role that safeties play on kickoff coverage units (37:14)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.