The first weekend of playoff football is in the books and ITP The Podcast Volume 1.18 is here to recap the Wild Card Weekend action and preview the four games of the Divisional Round. Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield take a look at all of the critical matches with help from guests Luke Easterling of Bleacher Report and Alex Kozora of Steelers Depot. Topics this week include:
- Previewing matchup between the Kansas City Chiefs and New England Patriots, looking at whether or not anything can be gleaned from the 2014 matchup, how New England can attack the Kansas City defense, and whether the Chiefs offense is capable of generating enough offense to win (1:19)
- Whether a beat-up Pittsburgh Steelers team can go on the road and compete against the Denver Broncos, as well as what to look for from Peyton Manning in his first start back after missing much of the second half of the season (6:37)
- Luke discussing the situation in Tampa Bay, touching on the coaching change as the team moves on from Lovie Smith, what is expected from Jameis Winston heading into the 2016 season, and also looking at Luke’s quarterbacks of interest at the Senior Bowl (9:43)
- The Harry Stamper All-Go Offensive Play of the Week, featuring the touchdown pass from Aaron Rodgers to Davante Adams facing Washington in the Wild Card round (20:07)
- The ITP Glossary term “Cadence” and its application by various offenses (24:45)
- Alex discussing the Steelers injury situation, how the Pittsburgh running game can compete against a strong Denver run defense, and how the use of run-pass option plays may be a key to the outcome of this game for the Steelers (27:36)
- How the Green Bay Packers can compete against the Arizona Cardinals, and whether the Cardinals offense will be too much for Green Bay to overcome (35:34)
- The clash between the Carolina Panthers and Seattle Seahawks and how previous meetings will inform what happens in this game, how the Carolina linebackers will help to defeat the Seattle play-action game, and whether Kam Chancellor can take Greg Olsen out of the game (39:35)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.