In the first installment of our daily 15-minute podcast, the January 11 Quick Kicks Podcast features hosts Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield breaking down the action from the two AFC Wild Card games.
In this fast-paced show designed to quickly get you up to speed on the big stories of the day, Chuck and Mark discuss:
- The opening kickoff return by Knile Davis and its impact on the flow of the game from the outset (1:24)
- Whether the shutout of the Houston Texans was due to the Kansas City Chiefs’ defense, Texans’ offense, or a combination of both(4:38)
- Kansas City’s offense and the continued growth of tight end Travis Kelce as a versatile weapon in the passing game (6:42)
- The physicality of the battle between the Cincinnati Bengals and Pittsburgh Steelers and its impact on the eventual outcome of the game (9:40)
- The final drive of the Bengals/Steelers game and how penalties helped Pittsburgh overcome a potentially devastating injury to Ben Roethlisberger (11:17)
- Whether the Steelers can compete in Denver with a depleted offense due to the uncertain status of Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown (13:51)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.