The final week of the NFL season is in the books and the playoff picture is set in both conferences. Hosts Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield are back for ITP The Podcast Volume 1.17, their final show of the regular season as they look to get you ready for the NFL Playoffs and CFB Championship. Chuck and Mark are joined by Danny Kelly of FieldGulls.com and Trevor Sikkema of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, who are on hand to give you insight into this week’s biggest matches. Topics this show include:
- The Week 17 NFC North battle between the Minnesota Vikings and Green Bay Packers and whether or not the Vikings are a legitimate contender this year, and how the Packers offense can get back on track in the playoffs(1:07
- Danny discussing the Seattle Seahawks and the keys to their second-half resurgence, as well as the outstanding play of Russell Wilson and how he has flown under the radar with a tremendous 2015 season (5:55)
- The Harry Stamper All-Go Offensive Play of the Week, featuring A.J. McCarron’s hookup on a seam route to Tyler Eifert and Mark’s analysis of the growth of McCarron in his fill-in duty for Andy Dalton (14:45)
- Trevor analyzing the CFB Championship matchup between the Clemson Tigers and Alabama Crimson Tide, digging into the key battles that will shape the outcome of this game (19:27)
- The ITP Glossary term “Split Zone” and its application in modern offenses, as well as why teams will utilize this strategy as opposed to traditional zone blocking on running plays (28:43)
- The critical positional battles for the upcoming Wild Card Weekend, looking at the Vikings linebackers versus the Seattle play-action game, Kirk Cousins in his playoff debut, whether the Pittsburgh Steelers and their offense can counter the strong defense of the Cincinnati Bengals, and how the punt units of Green Bay and Seattle look to counter potentially strong return units (33:47)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.