With Week 14 in the books and some upheaval at the top of the AFC, ITP The Podcast Volume 1.14 is here to guide you through all of the top stories of the last week. Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield are back in the latest installment of our podcast, this time featuring Alex Kirby of ProFootballStrategy.com to discuss his new book on The Greatest Show on Turf, as well as current trends in NFL offenses. This week’s topics include:
- The clinching of the AFC East by the New England Patriots and the unbelievable run they have had at the top of that division over the last 15 seasons (1:36)
- The Oakland Raiders surprise victory over the Denver Broncos, and whether this signals the Raiders can be a force in the AFC West heading into 2016 (3:39)
- The clash between the Arizona Cardinals and Minnesota Vikings, including Dwight Freeney’s last-minute strip-sack of Teddy Bridgewater and the value of situational pass-rushers in today’s NFL (9:37)
- The Harry Stamper All-Go Offensive Play of the Week, featuring Ryan Fitzpatrick’s touchdown to Eric Decker, and how Decker has flown under the radar in New York this season (16:07)
- The ITP Glossary term “Tunnel Screen“, looking at the evolution of the play and its usage within modern offenses (22:06)
- Alex discussing his new book, The Greatest Show on Turf: Breaking Down One of Pro Football’s Most Exciting Passing Attacks, as well as how NFL offenses have evolved in the years since the dominant Rams offenses of the early 2000s (26:51)
- A look at some of the key matchups in Week 15, including the Houston Texans and Indianapolis Colts battling for supremacy in the AFC South, and whether the Carolina Panthers can stay undefeated at the New York Giants (37:12)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.