The Carolina Panthers continued their undefeated run, while the New England Patriots ran into an unexpected loss in Week 13. ITP The Podcast Volume 1.13 takes you inside the key plays from the last week, with hosts Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield breaking down the film on all of the top happenings. This week, Chuck and Mark are joined by Aaron Nagler of Sports Illustrated, FanDuel, and Cheesehead.tv, as well as Dayne Burns of On The Fifty Yard Line. Segments include:
- The growth of Cam Newton and his ability to manage a game despite lacking depth in the weapons around him, including the growth Newton has made in protecting the ball and reading defenses in 2015 (1:16)
- The somewhat-shocking loss to the Philadelphia Eagles by the Patriots, focusing on the key plays on special teams that led to New England picking up its second loss of the year (7:14)
- Aaron discusses the struggles the Green Bay Packers have had on offense and how their defense has bailed them out in recent games, as well as key ideas that shaped his approach to film study (10:44)
- The Harry Stamper All-Go Offensive Play of the Week, featuring Marcus Mariota’s hookup with Dorial Green-Beckham for a touchdown against the Jacksonville Jaguars (23:11)
- Dayne discussing the development of young quarterbacks Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston, as well as the resurgence of the Houston Texans on the back of their defense after a tough start to the season (29:25)
- The ITP Glossary term “Packaged Play“, including definition of the term, how it fits in the modern NFL, and whether its spread in college offenses has impacted the quality of players going into the NFL
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.