Week 10 was one of the more unpredictable weeks of the 2015 season to this point, and ITP The Podcast Volume 1.10 is here to get you filled in on all of the top stories. Hosts Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield are joined by a number of top experts, including Dr. Christopher Geary of Tufts Medical Center, Nath Pizzolatto of ZoneReads.com, and Emory Hunt of FootballGameplan.com. Topics include:
- Chris on the two major Week 10 injuries from NFL action – the plantar fascia injury to Peyton Manning and the Jones fracture for Julian Edelman, including discussion of prospects for return and career impact (1:19)
- How the Detroit Lions were able to shut down the Green Bay Packers and their high-powered offense, and whether this is a blueprint for teams to use against Green Bay, or if the Packers hurt themselves with costly mistakes (9:42)
- Analysis of the key NFC West showdown between the Arizona Cardinals and Seattle Seahawks and whether or not the balance of power has shifted in the division, as well as playoff implications for the Cardinals (15:03)
- The Harry Stamper All-Go Offensive Play of the Week, featuring Danny Amendola’s fourth quarter reception to set up Stephen Gostkowski’s game-winning field goal (19:48)
- Nath detailing the growth of the New Orleans Saints’ rookie class and expecations for them the rest of the season, as well as whether or not the firing of Rob Ryan will help to smooth out issues on defense for the Saints (23:29)
- The ITP Glossary term “punt gunner“, including discussion of what makes a top-flight gunner, as well as their overall role on special teams (29:43)
- Emory discussing what he focuses on in scouting players making the jump to the pro level, how to scout small-school prospects, and Trevone Boykin’s future as a quarterback (36:27)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.