Week 9 saw the Denver Broncos fall from the ranks of the undefeated, losing to the Colts, in a game that was representative of the unpredictable nature of the weekend. Hosts Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield take Inside the Pylon: The Podcast through the events of last weekend and get you up to speed on all of the major events. They are joined by Danny Kelly from FieldGulls.com, Andy Guyader from TheQ5.com, and William Carroll of FanSpeak.com and NutsAndBoltsSports.com. This week’s topics include:
- The Indianapolis Colts and their upset win over the previously-undefeated Denver Broncos, focusing on how the Colts exploited several matchups to their advantage(2:38)
- Danny Kelly breaking down the resurgence of the Seattle Seahawks after a tough start to the season, and looking ahead to a key matchup with the Arizona Cardinals (6:50)
- The Harry Stamper All-Go Offensive Play of the Week, featuring the 39-yard TD hookup between Cam Newton and Corey Brown of the Carolina Panthers (16:28)
- ITP Glossary term “Option Route” and what it means in the modern NFL offense, as well as whether or not it is the cause of miscommunications where a quarterback throws to empty space instead of a receiver (22:10)
- Andy Guyader details how his visual game maps can help to break down the ebbs and flows of an NFL game and give fans and analysts a different perspective on how the end result is achieved (26:07)
- William Carroll discussing how the scouting system and projecting college talent into the NFL fails fans, coaches, and management, and remains a wildly unpredictable part of football(38:13)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.