The ITP crew sits down for their weekly look around the NFL on ITP The Podcast Volume 1.7, breaking down last weekend’s action as well as previewing the upcoming slate of games. This week, Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield are joined by Alex Kirby of ProFootballStrategy.com and Dave Archibald of Inside the Pylon in a 40-minute trip through the NFL. This week, the group tackles the following topics:
- Breaking down the Vikings/Lions matchup and what it means for the balance of power in the NFC North, focusing on Minnesota’s chances to compete with Green Bay this season (2:03)
- Miami’s blowout win against Houston and whether the Dolphins have righted the ship, or whether inferior competition in recent weeks is distorting results (6:53)
- The Harry Stamper All-Go Offensive Play of the Week, featuring the Jacksonville Jaguars touchdown from Blake Bortles to Allen Hurns (9:26)
- Alex Kirby discussing the Colts woes on the field and in the front office and whether anything can be done to fix the myriad issues on the team (13:50)
- Discussion of the term “scramble drill” from the ITP Glossary and its application on offense (22:26)
- An examination of trends in offensive line investment from Dave Archibald, the latest in a series of articles breaking down the draft and spending habits of NFL teams (25:44)
- The Week 8 key matchups, including a battle of top teams in Denver and Green Bay, as well as a divisional meeting between Cincinnati and Pittsburgh (35:03)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.