It was a topsy-turvy week in the NFL, with several favorites taking losses or needing overtime to push past underdogs. Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield are in-studio once again to look at all of the week’s action. Joining them on the phone lines are Rich Hill of PatsPulpit.com and Jeff Risdon of RealGM.com, SideLionReport.com, and DraftBreakdown.com. Topics from this week’s show include:
- Rich discussed the highly-anticipated clash between the New England Patriots and Indianapolis Colts, looking at areas where this was a closer matchup than many anticipated, as well as looking ahead to the Patriots’ next matchup again the New York Jets (1:17)
- The Harry Stamper All-Go Offensive Play of the Week, focusing on the TD hookup between Colin Kaepernick and Torrey Smith of the San Francisco 49ers (10:42)
- Matchup between the Arizona Cardinals and Pittsburgh Steelers and how the Steelers were able to effectively exploit the Arizona defense (15:18)
- Andy Dalton’s growth as leader of the Cincinnati Bengals and whether or not they are a true contender in the AFC (17:31)
- Quarterbacks battling weakened arm strength in recent weeks with a focus on Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning (18:18)
- ITP Glossary Term of the Week, focusing on “Hold-Up Technique” and its application on punt returns (22:12)
- Jeff looks at the Lions/Bears tilt and how the Detroit was able to get on track and notch their first win, as well as discussing Michigan St. QB Connor Cook’s pro potential(25:19)
- The disappointing slate of game in the upcoming weekend in the NFL, with the only matchup between two teams with a winning record being the Patriots/Jets tilt on Sunday (35:57)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.