In this bonus edition of ITP The Podcast, Chuck Zodda & Mark Schofield are joined by Matt Waldman of MattWaldmanRSP.com to discuss the art of scouting and how to project players coming out of college. Topics include:
- Matt on how he started the Rookie Scouting Portfolio and his methods of research (1:22)
- Projecting a rookie’s fit in the NFL based on the team and scheme they land on (3:57)
- Marcus Mariota and the early results from the first quarter of the 2015 season on the Tennessee Titans (6:58)
- The advantages of a process-oriented grading scouting system versus purely focusing on results (10:56)
- The concept of player comparisons when scouting, including the reasons fans enjoy them, as well as the flaws in using this model in evaluating players (14:33)
- Early thoughts on the 2016 NFL Draft class and who has caught Matt’s eye so far this season in college football (20:46)
- Mark and Matt discuss Tre McBride and his early struggles in acclimating to the NFL game (27:57)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.